Huevos con Crema - Eggs in Cream
Huevos con Crema, or Eggs with cream is a great way to start any day. The recipe is perfect for that special breakfast in bed with someone special, and a great dish to use our Black Clay, La Chamba Round Serving Dish with Handles.
|Product Featured in this Recipe|
|Black Clay, La Chamba Round Serving Dish|
For 2 Person(s)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoon(s) Mexican Crema (or 2 tbs heavy cream combined with 2 tbs sour cream)
- 3 tablespoon(s) shredded Mexican melting cheese, or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh chives
Huevos con Crema - Eggs in Cream Directions
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place two heat proof gratin dishes such as our Black Clay Round Serving Dish with Handles in the center of the oven along with a tsp. of butter in each.
- Once the butter has melted, crack two eggs into each dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 2 tbs. of the crema in each dish, starting over the yolks and working it all around, then sprinkle 1 ½ tbs. cheese and 1 tsp. chopped chives over the dish.
- Place the dishes in the oven and bake at 425°F or until the eggs are bubbly and browned on the edges but not quite set in the middle (about 5 minutes).
- Switch the oven to broil and broil the eggs until the center is just set (about 2 minutes more).
- Remove from the oven and serve; the eggs will continue to set.