Queso Fundido con Chorizo
Queso fundido, or "melted cheese" is a wonderful dish of hot melted cheese and spicy chorizo great as an appetizer. Best eating piping hot served with some tortillas.
|Product Featured in this Recipe|
|Mini Flat Mexican Cazuela|
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 1/2 ounce(s) Mexican Chorizo, Casing Removed
- 1/4 small onion, sliced along its axis
- 1/4 green pepper, sliced along its axis
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 7 ounce(s) grated Oaxaca or Monterey Jack cheese
- pinch salt
- 4 corn tortillas
Queso Fundido con Chorizo Directions
- Slowly heat a Mini Flat Mexican Cazuela over medium heat.
- Remove the casing on the chorizo (which unlike other types of sausages is inedible) and add it to the Cazuela.
- Sauté the chorizo for a couple of minutes until lightly browned, breaking the meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon, about 4 minutes.
- Add the onions, peppers, and garlic to the Cazuela, add salt and stir often until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Remove some of the mixture and set aside.
- Add the grated cheese and mix well to combine. Add the reserved mixture on the top and put the Cazuela in a preheated 425° F. oven until the cheese is bubbling, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Before serving, heat the corn tortillas in a dry skillet or Comal, remove the Cazuela from the oven, and serve with the tortillas.