Peanut Mint Chutney
This Mint Peanut Chutney is a vegan and gluten-free chutney recipe made in South Indian Style. This is very healthy and stays good for 2 days if stored in refrigerator.
|Product Featured in this Recipe|
|Small Clay Bowl|
For 3 Person(s)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted gram
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 3 garlic flakes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 dry red chilles
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- to taste salt
Peanut Mint Chutney Directions
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a Kadai or pan. Temper mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chilies. Add garlic flakes, chopped onion and grated coconut. Cook for a minute.
- Add mint leaves and coriander leaves. Cook for another 2-5 minutes on low-medium flame. Switch off the flame. Let the mixture cool down.
- Blend the mixture, roasted peanuts and roasted gram in a mixer grinder to smooth paste adding little water. Transfer to a bowl. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Serve with Steamed Idli / Savory Crepes or use as a dip.
- Recipe by jopreetskitchen.com
- Roasted gram is also known as Desi chana, or dry roasted whole black grams (chickpeas)
- Garlic Flakes are small, dehydrated pieces of garlic.