Village Style Chicken Curry
Simple & Easy to Prepare South-Indian Village Style Chicken Curry, flavored with fresh ground coriander seeds powder. If you do not wish to add tamarind water, replace it with 1 small tomato. Serve this curry with rice.
|Product Featured in this Recipe|
|Clay Curry Pot|
For 2 Person(s)
- 12 oz chicken, cut into pieces
- 20 pearl onions - chopped
- 3 green chillies - chopped
- 1 tbsp giinger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp tamarind water
- 1/2 cup coconut paste
Village Style Chicken Curry Directions
- Marinate chicken with turmeric powder and keep aside. Heat 2-3 tbsp groundnut oil in a clay pot. Add fennel seeds.
- Add chopped onions, curry leaves and chopped green chilies. Cook for 2 minutes on low flame. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir well.
- Add marinated chicken and stir well. Add coriander powder and tamarind water. Give a stir. Add ½ cup water and cook it covered for 15 minutes on low flame.
- Add coconut paste, pepper powder and salt to taste. Cook it covered for another 10 minutes or till you get thick curry. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.