Carrot Kara Paniyaram
The famous south Indian breakfast or evening snacks made using fermented rice batter and served with mint or onion chutney.
|Product Featured in this Recipe|
|Indian Soapstone Paniyaram Maker|
For 15 Serving(s)
- 2 cups idli / dosa batter
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely grated
- 1/4 cup onion, finely grated
- 1 tbsp green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 pince asofoetida
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal / split black gram
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- salt to taste
Carrot Kara Paniyaram Directions
- Heat 1 or 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadai. Temper mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Add chopped onion and green chilies.
- Cook for a while. Add grated carrot, ginger, asofoetida, salt and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add this to idli / dosa batter. Adjust the salt and mix everything well. Keep aside.
- Take soapstone Paniyaram pan and heat on low flame. Pour 1 tsp oil into each pit of the pan. Once the pan is hot, take a ladleful of batter and pour into each pits.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Now, turnover each Paniyaram with the help of a needle like stick and cook till a toothpick inserted at the center of Paniyaram comes out clean.
- Remove Paniyaram with the help of needle like stick and proceed with the remaining batter. Serve Paniyaram hot with mint or onion chutney.
Recipe by Preeti Tamilarasan, JOPREETSKITCHEN
For further details about this recipe visit: http://www.jopreetskitchen.com/