Dolsot Bibimbop - 돌솥 비빔밥
Dolsot Bibimbop is quintessentially Korean, and THE dish to use the Korean Stone Bowls we sell. The difference between Dolsot Bibimbop and regular bibimbop is exactly the stone bowl. The hot stone will create a beautiful crunchy crust of rice which will create quite a contrast to the rest of the ingredients.
|Product Featured in this Recipe|
|Korean Stone Bowl|
For 4 Person(s)
Meat and Meat Marinade
- 3 1/2 Ounces rib eye, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp minced garlic
Vegetables and Other
- 1/2 cups Korean cucumber side dish
- 1/2 cups Korean fernbrake side dish
- 1/2 cups sauteed bellflower root
- 1/2 cups carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cups zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 cups steamed rice
- 4 eggs
- cooking oil
- sesame oil
- fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Dolsot Bibimbop - 돌솥 비빔밥 Directions
- In a bowl, combine the meat with the marinade. Cover the bowl and leave it in the fridge while you are working on other the ingredients. When ready, Add some cooking oil into a wok and cook the meat on medium high to high heat. It takes about 3 to 5 mins to thoroughly cook it.
- Prepare the Korean cucumber side dish, fernbrake side dish and bellflower root side dish. These can be prepared on a different day to save your bibimbap making time.
- Separately sauté carrots, zucchini and mushrooms in a frying pan. Season them lightly with fine sea salt.
- Mix the bibimbap sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pan fry the eggs per your preference. (Sunny side up is a popular choice.)
- Preheat an oven for 10 minutes at 220 C / 428 F. Once heated, place our Korean Stone Bowls into the oven. Leave it there for 10 minutes. 10 minutes later, take it out. Drop in some sesame oil (about 1 Tbsp per medium size bowl) and brush it around. Quickly assemble your bibimbap ingredients inside the hot stone bowl. First, you will have to lay down the rice. Make sure you flatten it well. Then add the meat, assorted vegetables, and the egg on top of the rice. Transfer the hot stone bowl onto the gas stove and cook it for 5 minutes over low heat. You will hear the rice crackling noise. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the bibimbap sauce into the hot stone bowl and mix all the ingredients well. Serve.