Brazilian Corn Chowder - Sopa de Milho Verde
Along with the cool fall weather comes the need for some warm, comforting dishes, including this quick and hearty Brazilian Corn Chowder— Sopa de Milho Verde in Portuguese. If you have ever tasted an American Corn Chowder, I know you will become a fan of this soup.
|Product Featured in this Recipe|
|Brazilian Soapstone Pot|
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 1/4 cups fresh corn
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Brazilian Corn Chowder - Sopa de Milho Verde Directions
- In a medium pot, heat the oil over medium heat and sweat the onion for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the broth and increase the heat to medium-high. Add the potato chunks, 2 1/4 cups of the corn kernels, salt and pepper; stir.
- Let cook for about 12 minutes or until potato is fork tender. Blend soup with the yogurt or heavy cream in a blender until creamy. Adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of corn kernels and serve while soup is warm. It can be garnished on top with chunks of cooked sausage and chopped fresh chives.
Recipe by Denise Browning, from EASYANDDELISH.com
For further details about this recipe visit: www.easyanddelish.com/brazilian-corn-chowder-2